Adding a shared calendar is an easy way to frequently reference the availability of a team member or room resource. The details you see when adding a shared calendar vary depending on the access granted to you by the owner of that calendar. By default, all staff members can see basic "Busy/Available" status of any calendar.
- Open your calendar view in Outlook.
- Click on "Add calendar" on the left-hand column.
- Click on "Add from directory" on the left-hand column of the menu that opens.
- Begin typing the name of the calendar you would like to add and select one of the options that appears. Alternatively, you can type the full e-mail address associated with the calendar. In this example, we're adding a calendar of a room resource at Lakeside Elementary.
- Choose the calendar folder that you would like to add the calendar to. In many cases, "My calendar" is acceptable, but if you open many calendars, you may desire to categorize them in folders.
- Click the "Add" button.
- Click the X in the top-right corner to close the "Add calendar" menu and go back to your calendar.
- The new calendar is available in the list of calendars in the left-hand column.