Before you get started
- Before you make any updates, back up your device to iCloud.
- Make sure your device has enough available space to install the update. Tap Settings > General > Usage to see how much space is available on your device. If you don't have enough, you will need to remove content from your device.
Update your device wirelessly
The easiest way to update your device is wirelessly:
- Plug in your device to a power source.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap "Download and Install" to download the update. If Automatic Updates are enabled, they will download automatically while your device is connected to Wifi and a power source.
- Tap Install Now when the download completes if you want to complete it now. Tap Later to install the update later.
- After tapping Install you will be asked to input your passcode.
- The update will install if your device has enough power, or is connected to a charging cable.
- If your device does not have enough power you will see this message.
- Once your update installs you will be able to use your iPad as normal.