To troubleshoot your Apple pencil please review the following:
Pair your Apple Pencil (1st generation) with your iPad
Remove the cap and plug your Apple Pencil into the Lightning connector on your iPad.
When you see the Pair button, tap it.
After you pair your Apple Pencil, it will stay paired until you restart your iPad, or turn on Airplane Mode Just pair your Apple Pencil again when you're ready to use it.
If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad
- For an Apple Pencil (1st generation), remove the cap and plug your Apple Pencil into the Lightning connector on your iPad.
- Restart your iPad, then try to pair again.
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
- On the same screen, look under My Devices for your Apple Pencil. If you see it, tap . Then tap Forget this Device.
- Connect your Apple Pencil to your iPad and tap the Pair button when it appears after a few seconds.
- If you don't see the Pair button, wait for one minute while your Apple Pencil charges. Then try connecting your Apple Pencil again and wait until you see the Pair button.
If your Apple Pencil won't write
- Make sure that your Apple Pencil tip is screwed into the base.
- Is your Tip damaged? If you notice that the tip is worn or flat, your pencil may not work and a technician will need to swap out your Apple Pencil tip. Ask your teacher for a replacement or submit a help desk request.
- The gold tip under the plastic tip is very vulnerable to damage. Make sure to always protect your device by having the plastic tip on at all times. Once the gold tip is damaged, it is unrepairable.
If your Apple Pencil Still Doesn't Work
- Create a help desk ticket and be sure to include as much information as possible including a detailed description of the issue with your Apple Pencil and detailed pictures.
- A technician will be out as soon as possible to get your pencil working again.